Euan and John chat talk about the basics of running kit. From running shoes to a few simple accessories we go back to the simple stuff. John is one of the few individuals on the planet who looks good in lycra and Euan is still slumming it in a pair of ancient Ron Hills. There’s scope for everyone to indulge themselves but running kit doesn’t have to be complicated either. This episode will get you started with a few easy principles.
- Running shoes 04:00
- Socks and compression clothing 21:00
- Shorts and leg stuff 26:10
- Tops 30:30
- Accessories like hats, buffs, gloves, reflective vests… 34:50
- Is There Evidence that Runners can Benefit from Wearing Compression Clothing? Paper discussed. Be careful reading the abstract of this one. It’s not exactly what the paper says.
- Prevention of Friction Blisters in Outdoor Pursuits: A Systematic Review. Not much good evidence – paper tape is perhaps the only suggestion.
We’d love it if you could please share #Blokeology with your twitter followers. You can do that by clicking here.
If you got something out of this episode then please mosey on over to Apple Podcasts and kindly leave us a rating, a review and you can subscribe there too!
Other ways to subscribe to Blokeology
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- Click here to subscribe on Android
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
Sign up for the Journal of Blokeology newsletter
It’s my regular newsletter that shares some cool evidence-based health, fitness, and lifestyle advice. And get your free Healthy Bloke Action Plan. Head over to www.blokeology.io/journal to do that.
I would love to hear from you and your own experiences. Best bet is to email: euan AT blokeology.io. Or there are numerous options via social media as well. You don’t need me to point them out. Try these links: