In this episode, I take a deep dive into the research evidence around some running topics. That is what Blokeology is all about and it is time to get into a little more detail. I’ve picked out three research papers covering the topics of blisters, gait-retraining, and compression clothing. We sift out the facts (or as close to facts as we can get) but also take some time to think about the research and just how helpful it is.
Here are the three papers with links and time stamps if you want to skip right to them:
- Prevention of Friction Blisters in Outdoor Pursuits: A Systematic Review 01:30
- Gait Retraining for the Reduction of Injury Occurrence in Novice Distance Runners 13:15
- Is There Evidence that Runners can Benefit from Wearing Compression Clothing 19:04
We’d love it if you could please share #Blokeology with your Twitter followers. You can do that by clicking here.
If you got something out of this episode then please mosey on over to Apple Podcasts and kindly leave us a rating, a review and you can subscribe there too!
Other ways to subscribe to Blokeology
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- Click here to subscribe on Android
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
Sign up for the Journal of Blokeology newsletter
It’s my regular newsletter that shares some cool evidence-based health, fitness, and lifestyle advice. And get your free Healthy Bloke Action Plan. Head over to www.blokeology.io/journal to do that.
I would love to hear from you and your own experiences. Best bet is to email: euan AT blokeology.io. Or there are numerous options via social media as well. You don’t need me to point them out. Try these links: