In this episode, John Richmond and I are talking about life hacks. We’ve crammed in lots of thoughts, ideas, hints, tips, and advice on how to get a little healthier, fitter, and just live a little better. Not all of them will work for you but there is sure to be something here you can take away and use.
We’ve structured the discussion around the seven steps in the Healthy Bloke Action Plan. Check out www.blokeology.io/journal if you want to get hold of that. And take a look at the list of links below to get a feel for all the areas we touch on. Whether rinsing your mouth out with sugary water, picking a new book on Amazon, or looking for the best apps to help out with life, we covered a lot of ground.
Full disclosure: may contain affiliate links used to support website running costs.
- BBC TV – The Truth About Carbs (Only available in the UK until about 13 July 2018.)
- Mouth rinsing study (Here’s one systematic review from back in 2013 that suggests carbohydrate mouth rinsing can work.
- How Not to Die by Michael Greger and Gene Stone
- 59 Seconds by Richard Wiseman (Been out for a good long time but still full of good tips.)
- Deep Work by Cal Newport (What do you mean you haven’t read it? My most recommended book. Get it now!)
- Things App (Mac only and a bit expensive but it is gold.)
- Boomerang for Gmail (The paid version is quite pricey but I find the free one is all I need.)
- f.lux – change the colours of your screen to ‘warm them up’ (Mac again but there is a beta for Windows).
- Headspace app (Lots of science and advice to help you get going here.)
- Mindful Running by Mackenzie L. Havey
We’d love it if you could please share #blokeology with your Twitter followers. You can do that by clicking here.
If you got something out of this episode then please mosey on over to Apple Podcasts and kindly leave us a rating, a review and you can subscribe there too!
Other ways to subscribe to Blokeology
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- Click here to subscribe on Android
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
Sign up for the Journal of Blokeology newsletter
It’s my regular newsletter that shares some cool evidence-based health, fitness, and lifestyle advice. And get your free Healthy Bloke Action Plan. Head over to www.blokeology.io/journal to do that.
I would love to hear from you and your own experiences. Best bet is to email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or there are numerous options via social media as well. You don’t need me to point them out. Try these links: