Anita Bean is an award-winning nutritionist and author. She specialises in sports nutrition and was a British champion bodybuilder in her 20s. She is an expert at taking the science of nutrition and presenting it in easily digestible chunks. In this episode we talk about healthy lifestyles and cover Vegetarianism 101. In the process, Anita tackles and busts some of the common myths around vegetarianism and offers a potful of tips for improving your diet as part of a healthy lifestyle.
We start with talking about walking, exercising, and being physically active
- 10.00 Anita tells us about definitions around vegetarianism and plant-based diets
- 16.30 Health benefits of vegetarian diets
- 32.00 Myth busting: How vegetarians can get enough protein
- 38.00 Myth busting: How vegetarians don’t get iron deficient
- 41.20 Supplements for vegetarians and vegans
- 51.00 Myth busting: Vegetarians aren’t necessarily tired and lacking in energy.
We’d love it if you could please share #blokeology with your Twitter followers. You can do that by clicking here.
If you got something out of this episode then please mosey on over to Apple Podcasts and kindly leave a rating, a review and you can subscribe there too!
Other ways to subscribe to Blokeology
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- Click here to subscribe on Android
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
Sign up for the Journal of Blokeology newsletter
It’s my regular newsletter that shares some cool evidence-based health, fitness, and lifestyle advice. And get your free Healthy Bloke Action Plan. Head over to www.blokeology.io/journal to do that.
I would love to hear from you and your own experiences. Best bet is to email: blokeology AT gmail.com. Or there are numerous options via social media as well. You don’t need me to point them out. Try these links: